Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-2024 school year!
This year's recipients have the chance to win one of two different scholarship:
$1,000 John Lord Hettrick Sr. Memorial Scholarship
$500 JA of WNY Board of Directors Scholarship
Qualifications• Students must be high school seniors who have participated in a JA program or event/experience within their high school career.
• Students must plan to attend an accredited college within two years of being awarded, to be considered.
• Complete all parts of the application, including the Student Information Form below and an Essay of your choosing by May 19, 2023:
Choose from the options below. Submit typed essay, answering any ONE of the questions noted below. Completed essay should be 500-750 words max, 12 pt. font.
1. How has participating in a JA classroom program or event (Stock Market Challenge, Inspire) prepared you for success in your future education/career goals? If pursuing STEM related education, please indicate what led you to your choice.
3. Describe the impact your JA teacher and/or JA volunteer has had on you personally.
4. JA programs focus on three important pillars of success: Financial Literacy, Work Readiness and Entrepreneurship. Choose one of these pillars and describe how participation in JA has influenced you at this point of your life. For example, have you developed a better understanding of budgeting or savings through participation in a JA program?
• Students that apply will be eligible for either scholarship.
• Students DO NOT need to send transcripts or letters of recommendation.
• If selected as a scholarship recipient, students will be asked to provide proof of enrollment in college as funds from this scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient’s college.
• Please remember to complete the Student Information form below in addition to your essay submission.
• Essays can be submitted to Alycia Ivancie (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday May 19, 2023 For more information about this opportunity, please contact Student Information Form